Cross Construction Slide Show
Jumonville consisted of 179 acres as of June 21, 1941. It was a gift by Harry Whyel, a Uniontown Methodist layman and a former trustee of the Soldier’s Orphan School. Additional acreage was secured by the Jumonville Board that today totals approximately 280 acres. The first programs were scheduled during the summer of 1942. The amphitheater at Green Cathedral was completed in 1946. The Cross of Christ, located on Dunbar’s Knob of Chestnut Ridge, was built in 1950 and Wesley Hall was built in 1955.